Here’s How to Find an Electrician Near Me
Given that you’ve landed on this post, you probably just Googled “electrician near me.” (No, we’re actually not stalking you. We just know how Google thinks, that’s all.) We’re guessing you don’t want just any electrician, though. You want someone with experience. Expertise. Integrity. In other words, you want a Dallas and Fort Worth electrician who’s not going to rip you off and do a lousy job. Right?
Here are five tips for finding that kind of an electrician near you.
- Read “electrician near me” Google reviews.
When you search “electrician near me,” you’ll no-doubt notice some listings marked as “Sponsored” and “Ads.” Those are companies that paid to show up at the top of the search results, but that doesn’t mean you should ignore them! Lots of electricians buy Google Ads (including us from time to time).
Instead of worrying so much about paid vs. not paid or in what order the search results appear, look at the ratings and reviews. Companies cannot pay Google for good ratings, and the search engine actively works against fake reviews and spam. So if you find an electrician with a great star rating and good feedback from customers, you can trust those reviews are legitimate and trustworthy.
- Research their websites.
Choose four or five Dallas and Fort Worth electricians with high Google ratings, and scope out their websites. Look for the answers to questions like:
- Are their electricians licensed, bonded, and insured?
- Do they employ Apprentice, Journeyman, or Master Electricians? (If you can’t tell who they’d be sending to your home, make a note to ask about that when you contact them for an estimate.)
- If you have a specialized or unusual problem, do they have the right experience to fix it?
- Do they offer convenient scheduling?
- Do they provide a guarantee and/or warranty on their work?
- Do they have financing options for larger jobs?
- Visit their Facebook profiles.
Search for your candidates on Facebook, where you can get a sense for the companies’ personality and commitment to their customers.
- Are their Facebook reviews as consistently good as their Google reviews?
- If they have any negative reviews, how did they respond?
- Do they post on their account regularly, or is it pretty quiet? Keep in mind that you’re not trying to grade them on their social media performance; you’re trying to get a sense for how active and engaged they are.
You can also simply ask your Facebook friends whom they recommend and/or if they have any experience with the electricians you’re considering! People love to share their opinion online.
- Request estimates.Many electricians allow you to request an estimate online, but we recommend actually picking up the phone and calling—so you can get a sense for how personable and professional the company is. It’s best to get three quotes for comparison’s sake, and request a breakdown of all costs so you can compare apples to apples. Just keep in mind that the least expensive option isn’t always the best option! Price is only one factor to consider when choosing an electrician—and it’s not even the most important one.
While you have each company on the phone, don’t forget to ask questions you couldn’t answer from their website (licensure, insurance, training level, and so on). A great home services company will be thrilled to be talking to an informed homeowner. If you detect even a hint of irritation when you ask for credentials, run the other direction.
- Check Better Business Bureau ratings.Assuming you’re satisfied with a company’s Google and/or Facebook reviews, chances are good you won’t find anything negative on BBB’s site. But for your peace of mind, it’s worth checking to be sure!
When you’re looking for a Dallas and Fort Worth electrician, choose TopTech Electric.
We know you’re looking for a trustworthy electrician who’ll do the job right the first time—and who won’t break the bank in the process. Homeowners have trusted us for over 12 years, and we’d be honored to help with all of your Dallas and Fort Worth electrician needs: smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, GFI switches, outlet replacements, lighting and ceiling fan installations, breaker panels, wiring for room additions or remodels, outdoor lighting, and much more. Simply get in touch, and our friendly customer service team will be happy to offer an estimate or schedule a service call.