Dallas Fort Worth Electrical Panel Upgrades
Trust The Experts At TopTech
Electrical Panel Service Throughout DFW
DFW Electrical Panel Installation and Repair
Is your panel safe?
Here are some things to consider when evaluating, or thinking about updating or replacing your current electrical panel:
- Exactly how old is your electrical panel? If you’re unsure, it’s probably the same age as your home. 15 – 20 years is the normal life span of an electrical panel.
- Do you have a Federal Pacific Or Zinsco Panel in your house? It is important to replace your FPE Stab Lok or Zinsco Breaker panel as these are deemed hazardous by the National Fire Protection Agency and have been the cause of countless fires.
- Exactly how old is your house? If your house is older than 15 years, it is probably time to check into updating or replacing. Contact TopTech Electric here.
- Is there a main breaker on my panel? A main breaker serves as a disconnect to completely shut power down to your home in case of an emergency. Older, outdated panels often do not have this.
- Flickering lights can be a caution and could be an indication of poor electrical connections. If lights are flickering within your home in several locations, it might be a issue within the electrical panel.
- Are my service cables old or damaged? The wiring where the utility company connects to your home or structure and also your electrical panel are your obligation. Troubles may consist of damaged or broken insulation, loose cables, or damaged or missing clamps & anchors.
- Does my panel show any type of signs of moisture, water or corrosion? Water & Electricity are a lethal mix. If there is any corrosion, milky white deposit, or rust on any electrical wiring or steel components of your panel, you must have it inspected for feasible water damage.
- Are you doing any type of home improvement or construction project? Your existing electrical panel may not be able to manage the additional electrical load or support the now required AFCI OR GFCI breakers.
Why Is My Circuit Breaker Buzzing?
If you notice a humming noise coming from your breaker, you more than likely have a severe electrical wiring issue. Leaving this issue unresolved is a serious threat. Below are some reasons your breaker may buzz. Never attempt to address this yourself, contact a licensed electrician immediately.
- Failing to trip: The circuit breaker works to cut (or “trip”) power to a circuit when the electrical draw is too high, or if there is a direct short. If your circuit breaker goes bad, it will not trip as well, which will leave the overpowered electric current flowing through the wire.
- Loosely connected wires: Buzzing can happen from a loose or damaged wire connected to your breaker. Sparks might also be flying behind the panel cover during this. Contact a licensed electrician for proper repairs.
- Failing equipment: Components like breakers can give off this type of noise as they start to fail and near their end of life.
USE CAUTION AROUND ANY ELECTRICAL PANEL OR EQUIPMENT AND DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE THE COVER FOR ANY REASON. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS.
If you need help addressing any of these questions or want to schedule an electrical panel assessment, please call the Electricians at TopTech Electric at 682-262-5759.
We provide electric panel upgrades to the following areas:
Need to upgrade your electric panel
in the DFW area?
Dolores - Fort Worth, TX
The BEST ever in every phase of repairs from arrival, picking up part at shop and completion of repairs.
Andrea - Fort Worth, TX
It was done quickly and they seemed to know what they were doing
What a find!!
Cheryl - Trophy Club, TX
Fast, efficient, same day service.
Outstanding Service for a Fair Price
Tom - Lewisville, TX
Mike came out to swap out a ceiling fan; I was notified when he was en route, he showed up on time, & he was extremely professional. He did great work & finished the job in a timely manner...definitely surpassed all expectations & I will call again for any future electrical needs.
Ron - Azle, TX
Frank installed a chandelier in the bathroom and 2 ceiling fans outside. Very pleased with the work and professionalism.
Provinding options to troubleshoot tripping breaker in Crowley.
Providing estimate to repair faulty aluminum connections on plugs and switches in Euless.
Why Choose TopTech For Your
Electric Panel Upgrade?
As part of our ongoing commitment to treat you as we want to be treated, we provide you with the reassurance you need that we’ll get the job done right. That’s why we offer guarantees that are unmatched in the Fort Worth & Dallas market. We stand behind our work and our customer-focused commitment.